With a relentless belief in the power of cannabis and the imperative of safe and legal access to it, Weedmaps is the technology enterprise powering the global cannabis industry.
Founded in Southern California in 2008, the visionary and innovative people of Weedmaps are the architects and builders of the world’s most comprehensive cannabis-centric technology platform for both medical patients and adult consumers.
Weedmappers’ passion for creating new and better ways to connect legal cannabis to the people who need and love it, including state-of-the art doctor/patient records management systems, path-breaking software solutions that ensure business compliance in the highly-regulated legal cannabis space, and business-to-business technology that fosters more efficient commerce within the industry. The company’s commitment to accessibility includes cannabis knowledge and education, evidenced by its unique partnerships with dozens of subject matter experts in the fields of science, medicine and horticulture. As a result, Weedmaps provides on its app and website the most comprehensive repository of information about the plant, its history, availability and numerous benefits.
Weedmaps’ mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy, and has been a driving force behind much of the medical and adult-use cannabis legalization in the past decade.
About WM Policy
We are the government relations, research, education and public engagement arm of Weedmaps.
Our goal is to advance and implement sound legislative, regulatory and public policies that create and foster safe, fair, reasonably-regulated and profitable cannabis marketplaces. To get there, our work centers around the following priorities:
Protecting and Expanding Access:
Our efforts ensure that access to legal cannabis is sufficient so that medical patients and adult-use consumers are discouraged from turning to the illicit market. Our vision of appropriate access includes sufficient retail density, delivery services in all jurisdictions, and a full range of legitimate medical ailments and conditions eligible for a doctor’s recommendation.
Fostering Social Equity and an Inclusive Industry:
We help build markets where fairness, inclusivity, diversity and social equity are the core, so that those disproportionately impacted by the failed “War on Drugs” have the proper tools and resources to thrive in the competitive cannabis industry. From expunging criminal records and breaking down barriers to entry, to broadening opportunities for market participation through thoughtfully established, rigorously designed and appropriately delivered social equity programs, we endeavor for diverse and inclusive marketplaces.
Establishing Reasonable Taxation:
A fundamental premise of our work is that taxes should not be the vehicle that drives patients and adult consumers to the illicit market.
Demonstrating a Commitment to Safety:
We initiate continuous health and safety initiatives through partnerships, public education campaigns and legislative/regulatory enhancements and subscribe to a culture of continuous safety awareness and improvement.
Advancing State-of-the-Art Lab Testing:
Robust standards for lab testing and lab independence from retail operators is a critical component of a safe and successful cannabis marketplace. We partner with science and safety advocates to develop standards in tandem with emerging cannabis research and best practices.
Creating and Growing Efficient Markets:
- Unrealistic restrictions on cross-licensure or onerous requirements for unnecessary layers, like monopolistic, independent distributors, drive entrepreneurs and investors away from emerging cannabis markets. We work with the appropriate stakeholders and policy makers to craft licensing requirements that are well-tailored to legitimate needs.
Get in touch
By checking this box and submitting your information to Weedmaps:
1. You consent to Weedmaps’ collection of your email address, name, phone number, business name, state, and other business information for the limited purpose of subscribing to Weedmaps’ marketing emails and other communications, curated content, newsletters, promotions, deals, sponsorships, and other WM Business-related communications (collectively, the “Authorized Communications”).
2. You acknowledge that you are not a minor as legally defined in your municipality, state, province, territory, or country.
3. You agree that Weedmaps may share your personal data with third parties for the limited purpose of providing you with the Authorized Communications.
4. You understand that you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from the Authorized Communications and request the deletion of your personal data from Weedmaps’ systems at any time.